Regular teeth cleaning means healthy gums, fresh breath and keeping your teeth longer. In addition, healthy gums means less inflammation in the body which impacts our overall health.
- Body: As our understanding of how the human body works, improved research is showing that the health of our mouth impacts on our body. It has in the last few years become clear that a healthy mouth can lead to a healthier body.
- Health: We are now beginning to understand the connection between the health of our mouth and our bodies. We know that gum disease is linked to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, pregnancy complications, Alzheimer’s, certain cancers. These connections between the mouth and the body highlight the importance of good oral health in assuring good general health.
- Passion: That is why at Verve Dental, we have a dedicated hygienist to assess, educate and maintain the health of your gums.
Signs and Symptoms of Gum Disease
- Red, swollen, tender gums
- Bleeding on brushing and/or eating
- Gums that have pulled away making teeth look longer
- Loosening of teeth
- Appearance of spaces between teeth
You may not KNOW you have gum disease
- Often the signs and symptoms remain pain-free